Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Update

Monthly Blog Update

“November”


Hello Everyone!  I hope you all had a swell October.  I don’t know about you but it seemed pretty rainy to me!  If April showers bring May flowers then I wonder what October showers bring...hopefully happy Thanksgivings!  Some exciting news from October is that I have been hired as an associate at Picture People photo studio in Columbia!  This is my first venture in to the career field of photography and I am so far very pleased.  It is a great place for family and children portraits and I recommend it to any and everyone.


As planned, October was the month for color photography; I was able to get out a good amount of my color photos onto the blog for you all to see, hope you like it!


Something else that was new to the blog that you may not be aware of, I was able to have posts from a current photo shoot.  See, most of the photos that I have been putting up these first couple of months are ones that have already been taken and stored in my portfolio.  I haven’t gotten the chance to post something from a recent photo shoot.  My friend Lindsay (September’s Guest Artist) and I were able to meet up at the South Carolina State Fair on Friday October 16 and we both brought our cameras and had a great time taking pictures!  


Big thanks to last month’s Guest Artist Hannah Wells, if you haven’t seen her stuff be sure to check it out on the blog http://ehazelwood.blogspot.com/2009/10/ga-hannah-wells.html 


For November’s Guest Artist I am happy to introduce you to Artist Arielle Frost.  She is kindly lending some of her photography work to the blog.  Arielle is a friend of mine from the art program at Winthrop University.  She is not only a creative artist, but also possesses one of the most creative personalities of anyone I have ever met.  I find that her vivacious personality often finds a way into her art.  I hope you enjoy her work!


Still open to any advice about how to share the blog with more people, of course you sharing it with your friends, family, and people is a huge help!  Along with working on ideas about how to “market” the blog, I’ve also been working on an idea/project that I think is going to be pretty exciting!  I have come up with a way to say “thank you” to those that have helped contribute to this creative venture (the blog).  And I think you who are included in this group are going to be very pleased with what comes.  But you have to wait until closer to the end of December to find out what it is! (That is, if you don’t already know!)


As always, thank you for visiting the blog and for sharing it with others!


http://ehazelwood.blogspot.com


Sincerely,


Emily Hazelwood

e.hazelwood@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment